Spices! They can transform a simple bland dish into an aroma and flavour filled meal that you’ll be wanting to add to your regular repertoire. This Moroccan roasted cauliflower with grilled fish dish by Bridget Davis is one that is on repeat at our house. It’s quick and easy and utilises some of the best favourite combinations. You can do this dish with either Ras el hanout (mix of cinnamon, coriander seeds, black pepper, ground ginger), or a Moroccan spice blend (cumin, Himalayan salt, pepper, cinnamon, all spice, coriander, chilli, cloves, nutmeg and turmeric), which lend such a wonderfully uplifting hand to the cauliflower. Don’t be overwhelmed by the spice blends, you can buy these premixed at the supermarket if you prefer. If you enjoy making from scratch or have the ingredients to make from scratch, Bridget has some excellent spice blend recipes in her book too.
Moroccan roasted cauliflower with grilled fish recipe
This recipe is gluten free, dairy free and sugar free.
- 140 g (5 oz) raw cauliflower florets
- Himalayan salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan spice blend (page 42)
- 1 tablespoon ground wakame (page 40)
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped flat-leaf (Italian) parsley
- 125 g (4 ½ oz) piece of white fish fillet
- ½ lime, zested and juiced
- 1 small handful mint, coriander (cilantro) or basil leaves
- 1 lime wedge, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F) and line a small roasting tray with baking paper.
- Place the cauliflower florets in a small pot and just cover with water. Add a pinch of salt and bring the pot to the boil. Allow the cauliflower to cook for 5 minutes, then drain the cauliflower.
- Pat the cauliflower dry with a paper towel, then sprinkle with the Moroccan spice blend, half the ground wakame and the finely chopped parsley. Season with a little salt and pepper and lay the cauliflower in a single layer on the roasting tray, leaving space for the fish.
- Pat the fish fillet dry with a paper towel, drizzle with the lime juice and sprinkle over the zest. Top with the rest of the ground wakame and season with salt and pepper.
- Place the fish onto the roasting tray alongside the cauliflower and cook in the oven for 8–10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender and the fish is just cooked through. The fish should flake easily when gently touched with a fork.
- Serve the cauliflower and fish topped with fresh herbs and a lime wedge on the side.
Eat Your Way Slim & Healthy by Bridget Davis
Images and text from Eat Your Way Slim and Healthy by Bridget Davis, photography by Rebecca Elliott. Murdoch Books RRP $35.00. Moroccan roasted cauliflower with grilled fish can be found on p. 172.
Want more grilled fish recipes?
Dukkah Fish on tomato, eggplant and zoodles
Get the recipe here.
Festive Mexican Fish Tortillas
Get the recipe here.
If you tried these, let me know what you think by tagging me on social media @eatprayworkout. I would love to share your creations!
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- 2021 pop workout playlist + WIN a pair of wireless headphones! - February 1, 2021
- Getting your period back after having a baby - November 25, 2020
- Strategies to stop Emotional Eating - August 20, 2020