I don’t give muesli breakfasts too much thought when I am grocery shopping, I class it in the cereal range ‘dumped with extra sugar’ AKA the ‘lets begin the day getting fat’ cereal (which is never where I want to begin my day). Before I accepted the offer to try this muesli my first question was – do they have added sugar? I was quite surprised when the response was that 4 of the 6 in the product range had no added sugar! I quickly said, ‘yes please!’.
Six bags of the new range of Sunsol 10+ Natural Muesli mixes were sent to my door, only for me to realise I had no idea how to eat muesli. Do you cook a muesli breakfast? Do you eat it plain? Do you add yogurt or milk? No time for google, I made it up. As cooks do. With more than 10 ingredients in each mix, I didn’t need to add much!
Here are my top 3 ways to eat muesli.
1. Lazy Days Bircher
- ¼ cup Sunsol 10+ Nut lover’s blend muesli
- 1 passionfruit
- ¼ cup frozen blueberries (they are so yummy frozen!)
- 1 cup yogurt (I use Yoplait Forme or Chobani Greek Yogurt)
- Mix nut lover’s blend muesli and yogurt together sit in fridge for 30-60 minutes (the longer the better) then top with fresh passionfruit and frozen blueberries.
2. Peaches, berries and muesli on a bed of yogurt
¼ cup Sunsol 10+ Muesli (any type!)
1 peach, sliced finely
¼ cup mixed berries (you can eat these frozen too!)
1 cup yogurt (I use Yoplait Forme or Chobani Greek Yogurt)
- Place yogurt in bowl and line edges with slices of peach.
- In middle of circle add muesli and top with berries to serve.
3. Muesli Bars
Serves 10-15 depending on size of bar
2 cups Sunsol 10+ muesli classic fruit and nut OR Sunsol 10+ orchard fruits & almonds, fruit set aside
1/3 cup honey
¼ cup coconut oil
2 tsp vanilla paste
¼ cup boiling water
salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C fan forced (200° C normal oven).
- Spread muesli (without fruit bits) evenly onto a tray and toast for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally to ensure it doesn’t burn.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients together.
- Add liquid mixture and fruits to toasted muesli and mix well until all ingredients are damp.
- Lay baking paper on a lamington tray and press
- Place in refrigerator for 2 hours to set.
NB: If you are taking with you to work/school I would recommend keeping them in gladwrap in the fridge to ensure they stay set.
Want to win a muesli hamper to try these recipes yourself?!
SORRY THIS COMPETITION HAS NOW CLOSED. CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNER, MICHELLE V!
Just let me know on the comments below which is your favourite Sunsol 10+ Muesli product and why?
1 x hamper which includes:
– Minimum 4 packs of muesli
– a storage container and spoon
– Value $46+
How do you eat your muesli? Comment below or tag me on instagram @eatprayworkout #eatprayworkout
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- My 2019 Workout / Running Playlist + WIN 1 of 2 Plantronics headphones - April 10, 2019
- Six things you can do to improve the moisture in your skin - March 19, 2019
- Passionfruit Acai Smoothie Bowl - February 21, 2019