If you are struggling with hayfever or a stuffy nose this season, this tea is for you. It’s a natural green tea recipe to help clear a blocked nose that is tot only is it a quick recipe to make on the go, it is also full of natural allergy fighting ingredients.
Natural tea ingredients to help clear a congested nose
The antioxidants in Green Tea can help your body’s immune response to allergens such as pollen and dust. Ginger and lemon both act as anti-histamines and ginger particularly is effective at clearing a blocked nose. Turmeric, also part of the ginger family is a natural anti-inflammatory, helping to ease the symptoms of allergies. Ingesting local honey could help your body build an immunity to the pollens found in your area.
Natural Green Tea Recipe to Help Clear a Blocked Nose
- 1 organic green tea bag
- 1 cup of hot boiled water
- 1 thin slice of fresh ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon local honey
- 1 quarter slice of a lemon
- Make a cup of green tea with the boiled water according to packet instructions
- While the tea is brewing, use a peel to grate the skin off the ginger and then use the peeler to cut one thin slice.
- Remove the tea bag and add the turmeric and honey. Stir until honey is dissolved.
- Add the slice of ginger to the tea.*
- Squeeze the lemon quarter into the tea.
- Stir well and drink!
- *You can leave the ginger in while you drink the tea for a stronger taste or remove it after a few minutes. The more ginger-y, the more effective the tea will be for clearing the nose.
Do you have any natural remedies to help with a congested nose? Let me know in the comments below!
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- How to reduce your bloating, gas and manage your IBS symptoms - June 18, 2018
- Roasted Beetroot, Pumpkin and Feta Salad - June 9, 2018
- Cooking Vegetarian with HelloFresh + Indian Sweet Potato & Coconut Dhal Recipe - June 7, 2018