Snacking on nuts, seeds and fruits are the perfect way to give you the energy you need to sustain you through the morning or afternoon. Not only do they sustain your energy levels, they also are packed with nutrients and full of flavour! You can make your own nut mixes, or if your time is sparse (like me) pop into your dried fruit and nut aisle and grab some of Lucky Smart Snax pre-mixed packs and find one to suit your individual nutritional needs.
1. Cardio – Almonds, Sultanas, Cranberries and Blueberries which will keep you pumping through each day. Almonds and cranberries are my favourite double snack mix. I wasn’t a big fan of the blueberries though – fresh blueberries are my alternative to MnMs but something about dried ones just taste sickly sweet. This is because the drying process removes the water and concentrates the sugar so by weight there is a higher sugar content. But if you like dried blueberries – go for it! Just be aware of your serving size.
2. Digestive – A fibre filled mix of Oven Roasted Almonds, Peanuts, Hazelnuts, Cranberries, Sunflower Kernels and Pepitas which will help your digestive health. This was one of my favourites. The oven roasted hazelnuts pop in your mouth with such a light crunch. I enjoyed the variation in size and texture that seeds offer – they are smaller so are harder to pick up which for me draws out the enjoyment of eating them!
3. Low carb – Brazil Nuts, Peanuts, Pepitas, Almonds and Walnuts. Is a tasty mix of nuts and seeds that is perfect for people watching their intake of carbohydrates. Nuts and seeds are important addition to a balanced diet and a great natural snack for our body. This mix was my favourite of the unfrosted mixes.
4. Power – Oven Roasted Peanuts, Almonds, Walnuts, Hazelnuts and Dark Chocolate boosts energy and tastes great. This was my ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE and I may have eaten all the chocolate bits before I photographed it…TOO GOOD!
5. Women – Cashews, Almonds, Brazil Nuts and Walnuts. This pack is designed for busy women and has a mix full of Vitamin E, iron and good monounsaturated fat, as well as calcium, folate and selenium. I wasn’t a big lover of this one but that is just a personal preference for not liking raw cashews. However I’ll steal all the walnuts!
6. Recovery – Oven Roasted Almonds, Peanuts, Cashews and Pepitas. Is a good source of protein, a vital nutrient that is important for body systems, growth, muscle development and recovery from exercise. Clearly this one was one of my favourites because I ate the packet before I photographed it…the oven roasted nuts are irresistible!! They need a caution: addictive!
The best thing is all these packs are only $4.99.
Giveaway! Sorry, this give away has now closed. Congratulations to the winner, Charlotte S.!
Want to win a pack of all 6? Tell me which you think would be your favourite! Plus get additional entries through the rafflecopter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Is Butter Better than Margarine? Dietitian shares insights. - September 21, 2019
- Aria’s Newborn Photoshoot + Win a photoshoot with Sydney Lifestyle & Family photographer Afton Fife (valued at over $2000) - September 13, 2019
- Retail therapy calling you? Here’s some things I am loving right now! - September 6, 2019