If you’re anything like me you are always looking for a healthy, convenient post workout snack. If you want to know more about why post workout snacks are important check out this post. Bliss balls are one of my favourite post workout treats – they are small, portable and packed with nutrients! They’re very quick to make and are cheaper than buying the store bought natural products, many which have refined emulsifiers in them. I have made a new recipe – my Nutty Choc Protein Balls. They are delicious and are the perfect snack or dessert when you need something healthy, but still a little indulgent!
Nutty Coconut Chocolate Bliss Balls Recipe
- ½ cup cashews
- ½ cup almonds
- ½ cup oats
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup cacao
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup Mayvers Organic Peanut and Coconut spread
- 20 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup extra desiccated coconut
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Roll mixture into evenly sized balls, around 2 tbsp in size.
- Place extra desiccated coconut in a bowl and roll each ball in coconut until well coated.
- Place balls in the freezer for 1-2 hours to set, or store in freezer until required.
This recipe makes a nice big batch that I store in my freezer. When I get home from the gym I just grab one (or two!). Do you prefer vanilla over chocolate? Try this protein ball recipe instead.
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- At home video workouts – get your instructor led gym classes at home! - March 23, 2020
- What to Look for when Choosing an Eco-friendly Sanitary Product - March 11, 2020
- Public or Private Hospital for Birth in Australia? - March 6, 2020