More papaya please! This delicious recipe is low in sodium, low in sugar, an excellent source of fibre and a good source of protein according to our dietitian, Melanie Sharpe. It’s the perfect summer BBQ lunch addition and I am excited to be adding it to the menu for Christmas Day at our house!
Papaya and Prawn Salad Recipe
This recipe was created by the wonderful chef’s who work for Australian Papaya and they have been generous enough to let me share it with you!
- • 1 fresh papaw/papaya
- • 1 bulb fennel
- • 12 large green prawns, peeled
- • 1 tsp cumin
- • 2 Tbsp olive oil, plus 2 tsp extra for prawns
- • 2 tsp grain mustard
- • 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- • ¼ tsp honey
- • salt & pepper
- Peel, deseed and slice papaw. Thinly slice the fennel, reserving fronds for garnish.
- Toss prawns with cumin, 2 tsp olive oil, and a pinch of salt and pepper. On the bbq or in a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook the prawns for 2 minutes, then turn and cook a further 1 - 2 minutes until opaque and cooked through.
- Whisk together mustard, lemon juice, honey and remaining olive oil to make a dressing. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Arrange fennel, papaw and warm prawns on a serving platter. Drizzle with dressing and serve immediately.
If you’re interested to learn more about the benefits of papaya, or if you’re curious about the differences between papaya and paw paw, or just want to browse over some beautiful photos of the Australian Papaya launch event then you can read my blog post, with all these details, here.
Also, if prawns aren’t your thing, or you’re following a vegetarian diet, then try substituting the prawns with some tofu or halloumi – it’s delicious when spiced! Let me know if you try this recipe, and if you make any alterations please tell me how they went! I’m always interested in what you’re cooking!
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Interview: Work & Life with Sally Obermeder & Maha Corbett - November 21, 2019
- Choc Orange Hemp Protein Cookies - November 14, 2019
- Workout with Amy for FREE for 21 days with Les Mills On Demand - November 10, 2019