This Paprika Sweet Potato, Ricotta and Buckwheat Salad is a great summer dish that will be sure to impress your guests or make your lunchtime salad exciting again! Flavoured with a selection of fresh herbs, a beautiful extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar dressing and paprika covered sweet potato and chickpeas served with ricotta dolloped throughout, your taste buds will not be bored.
Paprika Sweet Potato, Ricotta and Buckwheat Salad Recipe
- 1 cup buckwheat
- 1 large sweet potato, chopped into 2cm pieces
- 1 can chickpeas, drained, rinsed and dried
- 2 tsp McCormick Organic Paprika
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 120g baby spinach
- 2 shallots, green section only, chopped finely
- 4 tbs ricotta cheese
- ¼ bunch of mint
- ¼ bunch of parsley, chopped finely
- 2 tbs of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp honey
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a pot add the buckwheat and 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil; cover, reduce heat to simmer and cook until tender, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool when cooking is complete.
- Meanwhile, place the chickpeas and sweet potato in a baking tray with1 tbs of the extra virgin olive oil, the McCormick Organic Paprika and a touch of salt and pepper. Toss to cover in spices.
- Place in a moderate oven (180C) to cook the sweet potato and chickpeas (about 15-20 minutes). Set aside to cool once cooked.
- In a jar, combine the remaining extra virgin olive oil, honey and balsamic vinegar and shake to combine. This is the salad dressing.
- In a large bowl, place the cooled buckwheat, sweet potatoes and chickpeas, baby spinach, shallots, avocado, mint, parsley and salad dressing then toss to combine.
- Serve between four plates and top with dollops of ricotta cheese.
Fill your cupboard with Organic where you can!
I’ve always enjoyed the herbs and spices from McCormick, but since doing research about whether I should switch to organic, I am trying to update my pantry to include certified organic products (see the little bud on the front of the packet?). The McCormick Organic range (from Woolworths), consists of: Chilli, Cinnamon, Cumin, Mixed Herbs, Turmeric, Oregano & Paprika and they are $2.50 each so stock up!
In love with the new McCormick Organic packaging
Organic aside, I really love this package though because it finally strays from the glass cylinders I am constantly battling storing in my pantry. They either get knocked out and break or have me wasting some of the spice when I pour it onto the spoon. At least with this re-sealable packaging (including O2 barriers) I can easily store and get a teaspoon into!
I also love that McCormick Organic promote traceability as well as publishing harvest and pack dates on the front! Now that’s transparency you don’t often see!
This post is proudly sponsored by McCormick Organic, a brand I love and use. Thank you for supporting the brands that make Eat Pray Workout possible.
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Should we have a Plan B BEFORE we Burnout? - August 2, 2021
- 2021 pop workout playlist + WIN a pair of wireless headphones! - February 1, 2021
- Getting your period back after having a baby - November 25, 2020