Due to a later than normal season, there is a flush of Australian Passionfruit in the market right now, yet the demand is very low. This means growers are at risk of having to dispose of large quantities of perfectly good passionfruit because not enough Australians are buying them! So it’s time to support our hard working passionfruit farmers by stocking up on passionfruit.
You can enjoy passionfruit on it’s own as a snack, on top of a pav, or even at breakfast! This is one of my favourite summer breakfasts, a Passionfruit Acai Smoothie Bowl. If I had to pick another love though, these almond and vanilla overnight oats with banana and passionfruit are great too!
Passionfruit Acai Smoothie Bowl Recipe
- Pulp from 2 passionfruit
- 1 packet frozen Acai
- 1⁄2 cup mixed frozen berries
- 1 banana, fresh or frozen
- 1⁄2 cup milk of choice
- Toppings of choice: Extra passionfruit, fresh fruit, granola or toasted muesli
- Combine all smoothie ingredient, except toppings, in a blender jug. Pulse mixture, then blend on high until thick and smooth.
- Tip smoothie into a bowl and top with extra passionfruit, granola or toasted muesli and fresh fruit of your choice.
You can add more milk, a splash at a time, during blending for a thinner smoothie.
Would love to hear what you think of this Passionfruit Acai Smoothie Bowl!
Want more healthy recipe ideas? You can find heaps of healthy recipes here.
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Interview: Work & Life with Sally Obermeder & Maha Corbett - November 21, 2019
- Choc Orange Hemp Protein Cookies - November 14, 2019
- Workout with Amy for FREE for 21 days with Les Mills On Demand - November 10, 2019