In the past Peanut Butter has been considered ‘unhealthy’ due to the inclusion of added sugars and stabilisers. But there is good news! Over recent years the food industry has responded to our growing health knowledge and concern for good nutrition and there are now nut butters that contain nothing other than nuts – no added vegetable oils, stabilisers or sugars!
I’ve created a fruit dip using these amazing pure nut/seed butters along with probiotic packed yogurt. Perfect to serve at your next gathering on a healthy nibble platter or even if you’re planning a delicious but healthy picnic!
Make sure you know how to read the label on a product to tell which type of peanut butter you’re buying.
To celebrate 100% natural nut butters I’ve created this Peanut Butter Yogurt Fruit Dip recipe. There are oodles of recipes similar to this floating around on the internet BUT this is my favourite. Why? Because I’ve found a new flavour in nut butter spreads. The Mayvers Original Super Spread includes sesame seeds which adds a new dimension to the flavour palette and I LOVE it. This isn’t a sponsored post (although when posts are sponsored I love them just as much – I’m very selective about the brands I work with!), I’m just sharing this info with you because it genuinely makes this dip tastier and more nutritious. This dip also provides you with the added benefits of probiotics from the yogurt.
Peanut Butter and Yogurt Fruit Dip Recipe
- 1 cup Chobani Greek Yoghurt
- ¼ cup Mayvers Original Super Spread
- +/- 1 tbsp Honey
- +/1 1 pinch Cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in a small bowl and stir to combine well.
- Serve with sliced banana and apple (or whatever fruit you have on hand)
Just a reminder- although nut butters are nutrient dense they are also energy dense so portion sizes are important! Read this article for a quick refresher on healthy portions sizes.
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Workout with Amy for FREE for 21 days with Les Mills On Demand - November 10, 2019
- Baked Lupin Blueberry Breakfast Slice with Gut-loving Coconut Yoghurt - October 27, 2019
- Anti-Inflammatory Grapefruit Smoothie GF // RSF // VG // - October 9, 2019