Looking for a fun new treat recipe to spoil yourself and loved ones with? Salivating looking at the pictures of this delicious Paleo Choc Chip Cookie recipe? I know I am! The lovely Lisa from the gorgeous blog ‘Thy Goodness‘ shares with us her recipe for this crowd favourite. Get your apron out, it’s time to hit the kitchen!
The Best Paleo Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
By Lisa from Thy Goodness
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp coconut oil at room temperature
- ¾ cup coconut sugar (can sub brown sugar if you are not paleo)
- 4 Tbsp almond butter
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cups semi-sweet dark chocolate chips divided
- In a medium bowl, stir together the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl use a hand mixer to combine the coconut oil and coconut sugar until well combined. Beat in the almond butter and vanilla extract on medium speed until well combined.
- Beat in the egg on low and mix until well incorporated. Fold in 1 cup of chocolate chips. Chill the cookie dough the refrigerator for about 1 hour or until the dough is firm.
- Preheat the oven to 176 degrees C and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper. Roll the dough into 1 inch balls or use a cookie scoop. If desired, place the remaining ¼ cup of chocolate chips on the top and and flatten to cookies with the palm of your hand. Bake for 11-14 minutes. The cookies will be soft but will continue to cook as they sit on the cookie sheet. Let cool completely on the baking sheet and serve!????????????????
About the author
Hi. My name is Lisa. I am a faith based Minneapolis, MN recipe creator, food blogger and creator of www.thygoodness.com. I love to try new recipes, mix and match flavors and food groups, focused on healthy eating. thy goodness is a constant reminder of the grace and goodness of God found through the flavors of food and community around a table. Follow me for great and healthy recipe ideas!
EDITOR’S NOTE: In addition to her gorgeous healthy, mouth watering recipes, this is one of my favourite posts on Thy Goodness, Lisa’s first faith themed post, entitled ‘what I believe’ and I echo everything in it too! A beautiful read.
Want more cookie recipes?
These are some of my favourites you can try!
A yummy breakfast cookie perfect for those on the go in the morning, or even as a healthy snack.
The perfect afternoon ‘pick me up’ cookie. A wholesome snack packed with many health benefits!
A delicious arvo tea favourite with a lovely spicy twist.
A sweet treat without the naughty ingredients!
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- The Active Mum’s Pram Workout - August 10, 2018
- How to improve your wellbeing by bringing nature indoors. - August 9, 2018
- Mocha Protein Bars - August 6, 2018