I’ve pronounced ‘quinoa’ wrong for a long time now and if you’re following my facebook page, you would know I’ve been scouting out recipe ideas but until now, had never cooked with it!
It’s pronounced /ˈkiːnwɑ:/. Most recipes use it in a salad, but as a lover of entertaining with breakfasts I tried something different.
Its a mixed quinoa base with lemon and tahini topped with avocado and egg. 20 minutes to make and looks restaurant quality.
Poached Egg and Avocado on Quinoa
To serve two, you’ll need:
1/2 cup mixed quinoa
1 cup water
1/2 lemon, juiced
1 tbs hulled tahini
1/2 avocado, sliced thinly
2 eggs, poached (see how here)
salt and pepper
1. Bring tahini and water to boil, then cover and lower heat to allow a simmer for 10-15 minutes or until seeds are clear. Stand for 5 minutes to cool
2. Mix in lemon and tahini.
3. Press mixture into egg ring on serving plate (for extra height I taped two together) and then remove ring carefully.
3. Top with avocado, poached eggs, chives, salt and pepper.
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- What are the Immune Boosting Ingredients a Naturopath always has on hand? - March 27, 2020
- At home video workouts – get your instructor led gym classes at home! - March 23, 2020
- What to Look for when Choosing an Eco-friendly Sanitary Product - March 11, 2020