ProcrastiBaKing is a habit of mine which pops up around exam/assignment time, because really, who wants to read law textbooks that contain size 10 font and are as thick as two bibles? This habit is great for friends and family, however not so great for my thighs. Despite this, sometimes I just need a delectable sweet treat to entice me to hit the books. I’ve tried fruit, it’s good… but on certain days (like today) fruit is comparable to the No Frills plastic band aid… it does the job for a short while but never as long as the Johnson and Johnson Fabric Band-Aid. With an extra 10 minutes on the treadmill I don’t care too much.
This has to be the BEST Banana Nut Bread I’ve ever made. I usually make it if my bananas begin to turn brown. In fact, as you may know, it’s best made when the banana’s are in that hideous looking state because they are much softer. I’ve even read if you don’t have time to bake then and there, you can freeze them while brown and use them later (but then I wouldn’t have an extra excuse to procrastiBaKe would I?!).
Banana Nut Bread
3 very ripe bananas
125g butter, melted
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (you can use 1 tsp vanilla essence instead)
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/5 cups wholemeal self-raising flour
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup of chopped pecans or walnuts
1. Preheat your oven to 180°C and grease a medium sized loaf tin.
2. Mash bananas with a fork or potato masher in large bowl. Stir in your butter, eggs, vanilla and sugar.
3. Fold through flour and cinnamon (if using Kitchen Aid mixer reduce speed) and then add your pecans or walnuts.
4. Pour into loaf tin and bake for one hour or until golden and an inserted skewer comes out clean. Leave in tin to cool for 15 min before turning out onto rack to further cool.
I had it for breakfast (and a study snack) with cream cheese, banana and honey. Oh so delicious. BaNaNaNaNaNa ……Make those bodies sing!
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Kale, Sweet Potato and Feta Muffins (kid friendly!) - June 29, 2020
- 6 Questions to ask your spouse every week to improve your relationship - June 21, 2020
- Berrylicious Coconut Cream Scone Biscuits (GF & DF options) - May 8, 2020