I made this dish for a group of friends and even weeks after – they were raving about it! I was happy it was a winner. I wanted to make something heathy but with so much flavour everyone would think it was complex. Now after this post, the secrets out. It’s easy and super quick!!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 cup mixed quinoa
- 1 cup pumpkin, diced
- 1 jar of roasted capsicums, mixed colours
- ½ large jar of Masterfood's moroccan spice
- Partially cut the chicken breast as shown in the first image above (do not cut all the way through). This is to lengthen the the breast's reach, making it easy to wrap around the filling.
- Cook the quinoa. You can cook this the same way you cook rice (I used my rice cooker).
- Cook the pumpkin in the microwave, steam or boil.
- Mix pumpkin and quinoa together and set aside.
- Rub the chicken with the moroccan spices until covered (more is better! Don't worry its not spicy)
- Fill with pumpkin mix and then place strips of drained capsicum pieces on top.
- Piece together with toothpicks then wrap in foil.
- Cook for 30 minutes on 180°C or until chicken is cooked through. As some ovens vary, I recommend checking your chicken at 25 minutes.
Below a photo from another time that I made this dish, however I substituted the moroccan spices for another mixed spice rub! Get creative. It’s a simple way to make a dish taste delicious. Most of the spice packets will tell you what food it will work well with, so don’t be shy. Plus chicken works with most spices. That statement was based on you having a general cooking knowledge…Beware this does not mean a spice like cinnamon, haha.
Don’t forget 22nd March we have our EPW meet up to support CARE Australia in their Walk in Her Shoes Challenge. Check out this post for more information.
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Potato Rose Spiced Shepherds Pie with Vegan Option - June 13, 2019
- Simple & Healthy Banana Bread (Low FODMAP, gluten & dairy free) - May 10, 2019
- Last Minute Mother’s Day 2019 Gift Ideas - May 8, 2019