I have my fan heater out, water bottles in full swing and have added an extra blanket to the bed. Thus I had come to the conclusion and the cold hard fact, that Brisbane, unfortunately, does experience a winter (one which I think I’ve acclimatised to for I am sure it wasn’t this cold here last winter!). So I thought I would share with you a healthy, warming and SUPER DUPER EASY recipe to get you through the cold. Ye good ol’ pumpkin soup.
Inspired by my friend Steph’s post on her blog Reignite Health and Fitness, I thought i would try it too. I was feeling lazy and decided just to use what was in the cupboard so my recipe differs a bit and has only three simple steps!
- Chicken stock (enough to make 8 cups worth, although there is no need to pre-mix it)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 pumpkin, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 8 cups of water
- pepper to taste (I used about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
Step 1: Place all ingredients except the pepper and nutmed into a large pot and bring to the boil, cooking until vegetables are soft.
Step 3: Pour back into the pot, stir in the nutmeg and pepper, warming if you wish to eat immediately. Serve with salt, pepper and chives. Enjoy!
NB: This recipe will feed 6-8 people or you can freeze some for quick and healthy lunches (or dinners). Much nicer than the canned variety!
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- At home video workouts – get your instructor led gym classes at home! - March 23, 2020
- What to Look for when Choosing an Eco-friendly Sanitary Product - March 11, 2020
- Public or Private Hospital for Birth in Australia? - March 6, 2020