This is another delicious healthy pizza recipe for you to try! Making your pizza base with cauliflower is a great way to get some extra nutrients (especially vitamin C!) into your diet. It’s surprisingly delicious and holds well together, it also doesn’t leave me feeling as heavy as regular pizza. I’ve made this one with a vegetarian topping as recently I’ve been reducing the amount of meat I eat. This Roast Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta on Cauliflower Pizza Base is one of my favourite vegetarian pizzas because the flavours compliment each other really well.
This is a great recipe to whip out when you’re next entertaining, or even just as a treat for yourself – so easy, and a far healthier option than ordering a pizza. I guarantee you could make it in the time you wait for pizza to be delivered on a Friday night! Make choices your future self will thank you for 😉
- 1 cauliflower head
- 2 eggs, whisked lightly
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- ? cup mozzarella
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- handful of thyme sprigs, pick off & use leaves
- ¼ jap pumpkin, chopped into cubes and roasted
- ½ Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- Handful of baby spinach
- 200g Feta, cut into cubes
- ½ cup Tasty or mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1 small tin of tomato paste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Line a pizza tray with baking paper and preheat the oven to 200C.
- Break the cauliflower into florets and pulse in a food processor until fine.
- Place onto a tea towel and squeeze out any moisture in the cauliflower.
- Mix together the cauliflower, eggs, parmesan cheese, mozzarella cheese, garlic and oregano.
- Spread onto pizza tray in circular flat shape about 1cm thick.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Whilst baking pizza base, roast your pumpkin cubes to soften before adding to the pizza.
- Top base with tomato paste, roasted pumpkins, Spanish onion, feta, and mozzarella, leaving aside the baby spinach for now.
- Bake for a further 10 minutes until cheese has melted and edges are crisp and golden brown.
- Top with fresh baby spinach leaves, and enjoy!
Change up the toppings on your cauliflower pizza base
Of course you can add any toppings you like once you’ve made the base so get creative!
Want meat? Try my cauliflower chicken & vegetable pizza recipe
Want to try the healthy cauliflower pizza, but with a meaty topping? Check out my original recipe from 2015 here. Looking at old recipes shows me how much my photography has improved, haha!
Have you tried cauliflower pizza before? What toppings do you like on your pizza? Let me know in the comments below – I’m always looking for new flavour combos 🙂
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Should I switch to buying organic food in Australia? - September 21, 2018
- Easy Zucchini, Ham and Feta Frittata (gluten free, low FODMAP) - September 14, 2018
- The thought that gave me the confidence to workout in a crop top - September 11, 2018