I often find that I get in a rut with my lunch routines. If I’m not prepared I can easily slip into the land of cheese and mustard toasties or tuna on corn thins, and nobody needs a week of cheese and mustard toasties! Do you get into lunchtime ruts? I recently had a friend over for lunch and she brought some spreadable feta (she knows I love new food products) – I didn’t even know this existed before! She whipped these roasted veg open sandwiches for lunch and it was delicious! Goodbye tuna corn thins, hello gourmet lunch of roast veg and feta open sandwich!
Roast Veg and Fetta Open Sandwich Recipe
- Sourdough bread (multigrain if possible)
- Cherry tomatoes (a handful)
- 150g pumpkin, peeled and diced
- Rocket to garnish
- Bulla spreadable feta
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Line a baking tray with foil
- Place pumpkin on the tray, drizzle with a little EVOO and roast for 10 mins
- Add the cherry tomatoes to the tray and roast for a further 5-8 minutes or until all vegetables are golden, remove from oven.
- Cut two slices of sourdough bread
- Cover with spreadable feta (to taste)
- Top with roast pumpkin, tomatoes and rocket.
- Season with salt and pepper.
It might feel like a bit of work the first time you do it, but just make sure you cook extra veg for the next couple of days, that way you can quickly put it together from leftovers.
If you try it, let me know what you think by tagging me on social media @eatprayworkout or sharing in the comments below!
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Mediterranean Dinner Bowl (Vegan, GF, Fodmap friendly) - December 7, 2018
- The Fit Girls Christmas Gift Guide - December 6, 2018
- Roast Veg and Fetta Open Sandwich - November 29, 2018