One of my favourite go to vegetarian meals – Roasted Beetroot, Pumpkin and Feta Salad. This salad is always a crowd pleaser – even for my Dad who is vego-skeptical! Haha. It’s great as a main or side – you decide 😉
Roasted Beetroot, Pumpkin and Feta Salad Recipe
- 3 beets
- 3 carrots
- olive oil to drizzle
- salt and pepper to taste
- 50 g goat cheese
- 75g baby rocket
- 75g baby spinach
- ½ C walnuts
- ¼ C pepitas
- ¼ C olive oil
- 1 T lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 200 C (fan forced).
- Wrap all three beets in tin foil, drizzle with olive oil, and place on the middle rack of the hot oven. Set the timer for 30 minutes.
- Cut the carrot into chunks, place on a tray, and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Add carrot to the oven with the beets after 30 minutes, and cook for an additional 30 minutes. Beets will be cooked well when easily pierced.
- Toss rocket, spinach, walnuts, and pepitas in a salad bowl. Mix olive oil and lemon juice, and reserve for dressing.
- Once cooked, allow the beets to cool slightly before peeling. Use gloves if you want to keep your hands from turning purple, and simply peel back the skin.
- Dice beets into chunks, and sit them in the salad, along with the carrots
- Crumble over the goat cheese, and drizzle with the dressing.
Why choose to have more vegetarian meals in your week?
Well, if 1 person goes meat free for just ONE MEAL, they could save the equivalent of 9 people’s daily water usage, a carbon saving equivalent of boiling a kettle 388 times, 11g fat saving and save up to 90 calories. Plus, I just love how energised fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts and legumes make me feel! Will you join me in looking after yourself, others and our planet? I hope so! Hit up my healthy recipes page to find some more healthy vegetarian meal/snack ideas!
Want more vegetarian salad ideas? Here’s a few of my favourites.
A recipe I wrote in 2014 and still love!
A great mid-week lunch salad.
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- How to manage medically diagnosed IBS in the Silly Season - December 13, 2018
- Mediterranean Dinner Bowl (Vegan, GF, Fodmap friendly) - December 7, 2018
- The Fit Girls Christmas Gift Guide - December 6, 2018