These Rosemary, Thyme & Garlic Paleo Breadsticks are a great side dish or perfect on their own as a simple, savoury snack. They’re buttery, without butter; bread-like, without flour. A win-win for those with a dairy or gluten intolerance or those who follow a paleo diet. If you’re catching up with friends or family this weekend, why not bring these along as part of a healthy nibble platter or as a side dish. They’re that good that they won’t believe you when you tell them it’s good for their waist line and nutrient intake! Try these salted, herbalicious, paleo breadsticks ASAP – you won’t be disappointed.
- 1 C almond meal
- ½ tsp natural sea salt flakes
- ½ tsp rosemary
- ½ tsp thyme
- 2 T coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 2 T coconut meal
- 1 T garlic infused olive oil
- ½ tsp rosemary, extra
- sprinkle of natural sea salt flakes, extra
- Preheat oven to 175 C, fan forced, and line a baking dish
- Place the almond meal, salt, rosemary, thyme, and coconut oil in a bowl, and mix to combine
- Add the whisked eggs, and stir with a fork, to get out any lumps
- Add 1 tablespoon of coconut meal, mix, and allow to rest for a minute - the coconut meal has some absorbing to do! Add the other tablespoon of coconut meal, and mix until you have a workable dough.
- Roll dough into 10cm logs, make several indentations with your pinky finger, and place on prepared tray
- Cook for 5 minutes
- Mix extra garlic infused oil, and rosemary in a small dish, and brush on the breadsticks after first 5 minutes of cooking. Sprinkle extra salt on top, and then return them to the oven for an additional 5 minutes
- Allow to cool on the tray for several minutes before serving.
Did you try this recipe? Let us know what you thought in the comments below!
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Strategies to stop Emotional Eating - August 20, 2020
- Moroccan roasted cauliflower with grilled fish - August 7, 2020
- Good mood food – Peanut Butter Oat Bars (GF option!) - July 27, 2020