Since Reis and I married in 2012, this simple and delicious Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Eggs on Avocado Toast has graced our weekend breakfast table. It takes less than 10 minutes, is high in protein, will boost your metabolism and fuel your body for the morning, not to mention it’s flavour filled taste! It’s also one of those breakfasts that you’ll also be happy with for an easy lunch or dinner too!
This post was originally posted on February 7, 2013 and was updated on March 30, 2019.
High protein breakfast
The eggs and smoked salmon are both good sources of protein and help fuel your body with the needed amino acids. They also help you to feel satisfied for longer, warding off the desire for a sweet morning tea.
Get those omegas, baby!
Avocados and smoked salmon are great sources of omegas which is amazing for cultivating hydrated, glowing skin and improving brain and hormone health.
Smoked Salmon and Scrambled Eggs on Avocado Toast Recipe
- 2-4 slices wholegrain sourdough, toasted
- 4 slices smoked salmon
- ½ large avocado or 1 small avocado, mashed
- 1 large handful of fresh baby spinach
- 4 large eggs, whisked
- 50ml milk (dairy or alternative)
- handful of chives
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Mix together the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and chives.
- In a medium sized pan on medium heat, warm the extra virgin olive oil by swirling to cover the pan's base, then immediately pour the mixture into pan.
- Use a flat-topped wooden spoon to gently push the egg mixture, scraping the top of the spoon along the base of the pan, from one side of the pan to the other in 4 different directions. Repeat with a lift and folding action until about ¾ of the liquid is cooked (the rest will cook as it sits in the left over heat in the pan).
- Spread the toast with the mashed avocado.
- Top the toast with the egg.
- In the same pan lightly wilt the spinach (this will only take 30 seconds to 1 minute).
- Top the toast with the spinach and smoked salmon.
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Kale, Sweet Potato and Feta Muffins (kid friendly!) - June 29, 2020
- 6 Questions to ask your spouse every week to improve your relationship - June 21, 2020
- Berrylicious Coconut Cream Scone Biscuits (GF & DF options) - May 8, 2020