68 emails are awaiting me in my inbox. I cleared my inbox yesterday. I found myself actually feeling stressed out this morning. My mind was racing with blog content and the need to return some more important emails. Then I realised hang on, I am on holidays. Stop. It’s time to declutter. Have you found yourself feeling tense when really, you should have no reason to be?
Three steps to declutter your life:
1. Unsubscribe from promotional emails. You don’t really need the ‘specials’ from every brand you’ve ever signed up for a rewards card to. Really all its doing is subtly promoting unsatisfaction with the amount of ‘stuff’ you have.
2. Have set times for social media – don’t always be connected. It’s nice to share your experiences with others and as a blogger it’s what I love to do. Although you know what’s nicer? Having dinner with someone who will give you their full attention. What’s nicer is being able to enjoy the moment. To make memories that aren’t through the lens of an iPhone.
3. Take time to reflect each day. This can take many forms, whether you make a gratitude journal, meditate, sit with a cup of tea and think of the silver lining or take even just 10 minutes to think about nothing. It is SO refreshing. For me, this takes the form in times of prayer and reflecting on God’s characteristics and love for me, as noted in the Bible. I’ve also really been enjoying yoga podcasts particularly those of Eoin Finn (from Blissology).
These practical tips flow from the idea of considering the question ‘does this really add value to my life?’ If the answers no, get rid of it. Now go enjoy this beautiful day that the Lord has made!!
Do you have tips on how to simplify your life? Comment with your tips below!
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Anti-Inflammatory Grapefruit Smoothie GF // RSF // VG // - October 9, 2019
- The 10 best Australian fitness accounts to follow on Instagram - October 8, 2019
- Meal Prep Plan: Asian-style turkey mince combos + 3 x book giveaway! - September 29, 2019