This flavoursome cauliflower mash can be eaten as a side to your main (serves 4), or on it’s own as a snack (serves 2). Reis and I shared it as a light lunch with some lamb and really enjoyed it. The spices used in this are from a darling little spice shop in Paddington QLD, which is sadly closing down it’s shop front soon. However you can still buy their spices online here.
Best of all, this recipe doesn’t require a thousand different spices, in fact, it’s a pre-mixed Australian Dukkah. You know me – always seeking the best flavour with minimal fuss. Does this sound like you too? See more of Eat Pray Workout’s recipes.
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cauliflower head, cut into florets
- 2 tbs dukkah
- ¼ lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- handful of dill, chopped finely + a few sprigs to serve
- handful of chives, chopped finely
- Steam the cauliflower until cooked through, set aside for 3 minutes to cool slightly.
- In the food processor, whizz all ingredients together except the avocado and dukkah.
- Taste and see if you need to add more salt, pepper or lemon to suit your taste.
- Top with avocado, dukkah and dill sprigs to serve.
If you like the idea of cooking with cauliflower rather than starchy vegetables or wheat, you should try our cauliflower pizza!!
What have you made with cauliflower? I would love to hear your ideas in the comments below!
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- How to Choose a Quality Rosehip Oil - June 19, 2019
- Potato Rose Spiced Shepherds Pie with Vegan Option - June 13, 2019
- Simple & Healthy Banana Bread (Low FODMAP, gluten & dairy free) - May 10, 2019