About a month ago I was told I was anaemic. It isn’t the first time in my life I have had this diagnosis but this time I had a feeling it was because I wasn’t eating enough red meat. It wasn’t a conscious decision we just got into the habit of eating fish or chicken a lot. Since then, I’ve been eating a lot more lamb and beef and have really turned off having chicken and tuna (I really must have eaten a lot of it!). This is one of the meals I like for dinner or lunch (sometimes it becomes both!) as the beef is lovely cold or warm.
This post is brought to you by Nuffnang and Fountain Sauce.
Previously I’d avoided cooking recipes with sauces in it because they are usually packed with sugar. I am loving this new gluten free and no added sugar range from Fountain Sauce. There’s no variation in taste as they are sweetened with Natvia (excludes salt reduced Soy 250mL), a natural sweetener. You can purchase these at Woolworths Online Store.
- ¼ cup of Fountain Good Choice Sweet Chilli Sauce
- 1.5 tbs fish sauce
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 tsp of stevia (natural sweetener) or 1 tbs of brown sugar
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 4 roma tomatoes (these are slightly sweeter but normal ones are ok too), diced
- 1 green capsicum, diced
- 1 red capsicum, diced,
- 1 avocado, diced
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- Handful of coriander leaves
- 500g Beef Stripes
- salt and pepper, to season beef
- Mix together sauces, lime juice and stevia OR sugar. Cover with cling wrap and set aside in fridge.
- Combine remaining vegetables together in a separate bowl. Put in fridge.
- Season beef with salt and pepper and cook on a medium heat until brown (try not to overcook it - it can be very chewy if you do!).
- Take both bowls out of fridge and serve salad onto plate.
- Top salad with beef and drizzle over the sauce mix.
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Is Butter Better than Margarine? Dietitian shares insights. - September 21, 2019
- Aria’s Newborn Photoshoot + Win a photoshoot with Sydney Lifestyle & Family photographer Afton Fife (valued at over $2000) - September 13, 2019
- Retail therapy calling you? Here’s some things I am loving right now! - September 6, 2019