This Zesty Tofu, Beetroot and Sweet Potato salad is a great quick recipe for those of us who want to increase our plant based protein and fibre rich ingredients. This one is great if you’ve got a busy day ahead at work or chasing kids, because not only is it fresh, colourful and flavoursome, it also contains low-GI carbs to keep you satisfied for a longer period of time. The dressing is zesty but slightly sweet, perfect for a refreshing meal all year round.
Healthy Zesty Tofu, Beetroot and Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ½ cup mushrooms, chopped
- ½ large sweet potato, sliced thinly
- 2 beetroots, sliced thinly
- 200g tofu, sliced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp honey
- 2tbs olive oil (you can use infused olive oil if you would like extra flavour - herb, chilli, onion or garlic work well with this dish)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook your sweet potato, mushrooms and beetroot in separate pans so that the colour of the beetroot doesn't leak through (or one at a time if you want to avoid washing up). Note that the sweet potato and beetroot will take a little longer to cook than the mushrooms. You can cook them either by boiling, frying in a pan with some olive oil or microwaving them in a dish with a little water, I like to fry them and use a bit of garlic or herb infused olive oil.
- Using 1 tbs of olive oil fry the tofu, turning once lightly browned.
- In a jar with a lid mix together the lemon juice, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place baby spinach and cooked ingredients into a bowl and top with dressing. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Want more healthy salad recipes?
Head to my healthy lunch recipes for more simple and nutritious salads.
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- How to reduce your bloating, gas and manage your IBS symptoms - June 18, 2018
- Roasted Beetroot, Pumpkin and Feta Salad - June 9, 2018
- Cooking Vegetarian with HelloFresh + Indian Sweet Potato & Coconut Dhal Recipe - June 7, 2018