This Zesty Tofu, Beetroot and Sweet Potato salad is a great quick recipe for those of us who want to increase our plant based protein and fibre rich ingredients. This one is great if you’ve got a busy day ahead at work or chasing kids, because not only is it fresh, colourful and flavoursome, it also contains low-GI carbs to keep you satisfied for a longer period of time. The dressing is zesty but slightly sweet, perfect for a refreshing meal all year round.
Healthy Zesty Tofu, Beetroot and Sweet Potato Salad Recipe
- 1 cup baby spinach
- ½ cup mushrooms, chopped
- ½ large sweet potato, sliced thinly
- 2 beetroots, sliced thinly
- 200g tofu, sliced
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 1 tsp honey
- 2tbs olive oil (you can use infused olive oil if you would like extra flavour - herb, chilli, onion or garlic work well with this dish)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- Cook your sweet potato, mushrooms and beetroot in separate pans so that the colour of the beetroot doesn't leak through (or one at a time if you want to avoid washing up). Note that the sweet potato and beetroot will take a little longer to cook than the mushrooms. You can cook them either by boiling, frying in a pan with some olive oil or microwaving them in a dish with a little water, I like to fry them and use a bit of garlic or herb infused olive oil.
- Using 1 tbs of olive oil fry the tofu, turning once lightly browned.
- In a jar with a lid mix together the lemon juice, honey, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Place baby spinach and cooked ingredients into a bowl and top with dressing. Serve immediately and enjoy.
Want more healthy salad recipes?
Head to my healthy lunch recipes for more simple and nutritious salads.
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Moroccan roasted cauliflower with grilled fish - August 7, 2020
- Good mood food – Peanut Butter Oat Bars (GF option!) - July 27, 2020
- 10 Minute Body Weight Workout (full body) - July 20, 2020