I love vegetarian patties but sadly there are pre-made no store bought varieties I can enjoy as they are all packed with onion and garlic. Don’t get me wrong – that’s delicious, but unfortunately I am intolerant to garlic and onion as it triggers IBS for me. This situation is particularly frustrating as the packets are labelled with ‘herbs and spices’ so you don’t actually know (until you’ve eaten it) if that includes garlic and onion. So left to my own devices, I’ve created these delicious FODMAP friendly vegetarian lentil patties which I am currently OBSESSED with. You can put them with a greek yogurt dip and vegetables (salad/vege recipe options below), or enjoy them on a vegetarian hamburger.
Breakfast, Lunch or Dinner Lentil Pattie
The best thing about these is they can be made in batches and frozen, or if you love them as much as I do, you can store them in the fridge in an airtight container and eat them for breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Vegetarian Low FODMAP Lentil Patties Recipe
Here’s the recipe for these healthy, spice infused vegetarian patties.
- ½ C cooked brown rice
- 1 zucchini
- 1 potato
- 1 can lentils
- ½ C gluten free breadcrumbs
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp coriander
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp garam masala spice mix
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 175 C (fan forced), and prepare a baking tray
- Grate zucchini and potato into a bowl.
- Drain and rinse lentils and add to the bowl, along with cooked rice, breadcrumbs, spices, and eggs.
- Mix well until combined.
- Scoop patties onto prepared tray and flatten. Use an icecream scoop for consistent size (and clean hands)!
- Bake in heated oven for about 20 minutes. The patties will darken on the top, and feel a little crispy on the outside.
You might want to serve these yummy patties with a greek yogurt and dill mixture (if dairy intolerant, opt for coconut yogurt or lactose free yogurt or lactose free sour cream) and a side of one of these options:
Enjoy your Vegetarian Low FODMAP Lentil Patties!
Let me know what you thought of them in the comments below.
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Should we have a Plan B BEFORE we Burnout? - August 2, 2021
- 2021 pop workout playlist + WIN a pair of wireless headphones! - February 1, 2021
- Getting your period back after having a baby - November 25, 2020