Former Bachelor star Sam Wood is taking the fitness industry by storm with his new program ‘28 by Sam Wood‘. It is a complete training, nutrition and mind program. For 28 days, he provides access to daily workouts, meal plans, expert advice and tools that will help keep your mind and body operating at their best. So I decided to chat to the star himself about his heart behind the program, what his days look like now; how he finds balance between work, workouts and time with Snez and Eve and his advice for Eat Pray Workout readers wanting to take their training to the next level. A great chat with a down to earth bloke who has also generously offered a FREE program to giveaway to one lucky reader!
1. How did you get into personal training?
I was studying the first year of my Human Movement degree and working behind the desk at the gym when Craig Harper, one of Australia’s leading personal trainers at the time came to do a career talk at the Uni. I pestered him until he said yes to do work experience and then he offered me a job. 17 years later that very same space is now my studio, The Woodshed and we do nearly 2000 personal personal training appointments per week.
2. What is a typical day like in the life of Sam Wood?
Not sure if there is such thing as a ‘typical day’ any more 🙂
But things that I love in my routine are:
• Walking my dog Hendrix, getting a coffee and sending some form of motivation for the day to my 28ers (online members)
• Working on exciting new projects in the 28 office
• Having lunch and getting to spend time with Snez
• Doing a workout at The Woodshed
• Picking Eve up from school if I can
• Quality family time at night
3. In your eyes, what has made you successful?
Being good with people. There is obviously lots to this but if I had to simplify I would say that my love for people shines through.
4. How do you stay motivated to train?
I just know by now how much better it makes me feel. I bottle that feeling and make sure that if that little voice gets in my head to say have a day off that I think of that feeling and just get it done.
I also make sure there is variety. HIIT, yoga, pilates, something fun and challenging with a mate, a gentle workout with Snez (pregnant).
5. Tell us about your new program, 28 by Sam Wood.
It’s honestly the most rewarding and exciting thing I’ve ever been involved in.
Launched on Feb 1, 2016 and it’s been a whirlwind ever since with over 60,000 people doing the program and on track for 100,000+ by years end.
The way you can connect and change lives with today’s technology and a raw/real approach is nothing short of incredible.
My 28ers get a new video workout video with me every day, weekly eating plans with recipes and shopping lists, we have 28 minute yoga and pilates for weekend workouts, we provide mediation and mindfulness with a number of specialists and Hamish Blake (so funny) and we support our 28ers 7 days a week morning and night to make sure they get help, stay motivated and feel supported because after all that’s why person training works. I talk to my 28ers 4 – 10 times a day with live videos and funny posts and I always will.
6. What challenges have you faced during the creation of this program?
Our greatest challenge was growing so quickly and having the tech capability to keep up with so many people online at once.
We are very open and honest with our members (family as they are known) so they understand and now we have adapted around this their experience is nothing short of awesome every day.
7. How do you balance your career and social/family life?
This is probably my hardest challenge.
There has been so much NEW in my life over the past 2 years that it can be a little overwhelming.
Snez has made some huge sacrifices (Eve too) they have totally transformed my life and we try to get away together whenever we can to have that special time without disruption.
8. What does ‘wellbeing’ mean to you and how do you maintain it?
Balance in everything.
Don’t try and be perfect as there is no balance there and it simply is not sustainable.
Healthy body for me is moving every day.
Healthy mind is staying stimulated, taking the occasional time out and laughing with friends
And healthy heart is spending quality time with those you love the most and being proud of the fact that your existence is making a real difference.
9. What advice would you give to someone hoping to take their training to the next level?
Go for it! Your body is an amazing thing and 99% of the time it’s not our body that holds us back but our head.
10. What would people be surprised to know about you?
I’m a pretty open book so not too many secrets left but people are often surprised but what a big goof I am. Bad Dad jokes and a weird sense of humour that catches a few people off guard.
11. What else would you like to tell the Eat Pray Workout tribe?
Just that I get how hard getting in shape can be.
I don’t make it easy. I keep it simple.
28 by Sam Wood Program Giveaway
If you would like to try Sam’s new program for FREE, we are giving away a program to one lucky reader! Enter below. Winners notified via email. Goodluck!
28 by Sam Wood giveaway
You may also like :
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- How to Choose a Quality Rosehip Oil - June 19, 2019
- Potato Rose Spiced Shepherds Pie with Vegan Option - June 13, 2019
- Simple & Healthy Banana Bread (Low FODMAP, gluten & dairy free) - May 10, 2019