Analyse in your context
The third step is to analyse the situation. Ask yourself:
- Do I have time to do this with my current commitments?
- Will I be able to help like this at another time in my life?
- How would I feel if I was the person who asked for help and someone said no to me? Would I just ask someone else and understand if they had a lot on?
Let’s be honest, if you were asked someone to do something and they said no, you wouldn’t think they were rude or that you would never ask them out again. The only thing that may affect your response is the way the offer was declined – not the fact you say no. Challenge the deep seeded, false belief that saying no is going to result in any of the fears listed above!
Click through for the next tip!
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Berrylicious Coconut Cream Scone Biscuits (GF & DF options) - May 8, 2020
- Grief and COVID-19 – counsellor shares how to thrive in the face of loss - April 28, 2020
- Three Easy Steps to Infusing your own Olive Oil - April 22, 2020