This year I’ve felt a bit sad that I’ve not been able to show you my workouts because I’ve mostly been doing classes at the gym, rather than my own workouts. I didn’t want to be the creepy girl filming in class, haha! I do classes because a) I can show up and someone else tells me what to do (far less effort than planning my own workout) and b) there’s a creche for the kids at the gym.
BUT there’s good news my friends! I no longer have to keep these workouts from you because I can access them from home! I discovered Les Mills On Demand and I’m so bloody excited. They offer a 21 day free trial so I thought we could all make the most of it by doing a 21 day challenge together!
Why I am doing a 21 day challenge
To be honest I am exhausted after this year and I know that with an interstate move before Christmas and subsequent interstate Christmas travel, the stress isn’t over for me yet. Working out helps me manage stress and therefore make better food choices because I don’t opt to indulge in food to ‘solve my issues’. I also want to feel strong and fit and just enjoy the endorphins and feelings of accomplishment I get after doing a workout – don’t you love that feeling?!
I know many of you can relate so I thought we could encourage one another and build a fun community around this challenge to reach our goals together and celebrate our achievements.
If I miss a day, or can’t do all of the prescribed workouts, does it matter?
Of course not! This is about pushing yourself but not to a point of injury or where it causes you stress. We are doing this challenge to improve our physical and mental health. If you want to double workout the next day to catch up you can, or if you just want to give it a miss, that’s okay too. All I ask is that you do challenge yourself and do your best. In your heart of hearts, I want you to say, yes I gave it my all!
Likewise, you can join in anytime too if you’re reading this after we’ve began! You can always do the first half of the challenge later.
But I have kids, how can I make time?
I have this same issue, there is not often 30-60 min blocks without one of the kids needing something from me – but the best thing about Les Mills On Demand is you can simply pause your workout and come back to it once the kids are sorted – HOW GOOD IS THAT? As a Mum that is often called out of my class at the gym to feed or change one of the kids, I feel like this is game changing! being able to pause means I won’t have to miss any of the class!
How do I join the instagram chat for those doing the challenge?
Just send me a direct message @eatprayworkout and I will add you to the instagram chat group so we can spur one another on and log when we have completed the workout for the day.
So, how does this Les Mills On Demand 21 day challenge work?
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Sign up here for the Les Mills on Demand 21 free day trial– this is where the workouts we will be following will come from. These are the same classes that gyms like Fitness First use and that I use daily. Note: The subscription is billed monthly after the trial but you can cancel for free at anytime.
- Once you’ve signed up for the free trial, you’ll be able to access the workouts. Below is the list of classes we’ll be doing each day.
- Direct message me @eatprayworkout so that I can join you to the instagram chat group for those doing the challenge. This is where you check in to say you’ve done your workout that day (and on Grit days we can commiserate about how hard it is #nothingbeatsgrit).
- Each morning make sure you have the workout ready to play on your phone app, desktop, laptop or iPad. It’s a good idea to set this up next to your workout gear the night before.
The 21 Day Les Mills On Demand Workout Plan
I’ve popped in a variety of classes so that we can experience a range of training styles and the benefits that come along with that! I hope you enjoy it and it leaves you with a smile on your face everyday!
You can find these all co-located under workout plans –> ‘Back to you 2.0’ (NB: this workout plan will be removed from the app on 30 Dec 2019 but you can still search the names to find the workouts individually).
- DAY 1: Sunday 10 November 2019: LES MILLS MINFULNESS – mindfulness of breathing (15 min) + Body Balance #83 Yoga
- DAY 2: Monday 11 November 2019: BODYATTACK#103 (45 minutes)
- DAY 3: Tuesday 12 November 2019: LES MILLS GRIT #25 HIIT blast (18 min) + CXWORX #33 WFW
- DAY 4: Wednesday 13 November 2019: SH’BAM (45 min)
- DAY 5: Thursday 14 November 2019: BODYBALANCE #80 Flexibility (36 min)
- DAY 6: Friday 15 November 2019: BODYATTACK #102 (45 MIN)
- DAY 7: Saturday 16 November 2019: BODYBALANCE #81 Flexibility (38 min)
- DAY 8: Sunday 17 November 2019: HYBRID WORKOUT Heart Health #01 (35 min)
- DAY 9: Monday 18 November 2019: BODYCOMBAT #77 (45 min)
- DAY 10: Tuesday 19 November 2019: BODYBALANCE #82 Flexibility (38 min)
- DAY 11: Wednesday 20 November 2019: LES MILLS BARRE #02 (45 minutes)
- DAY 12: Thursday 21 November 2019 (AMY’S BIRTHDAY!!!): BODYATTACK #100 (55 mins)
- DAY 13: Friday 22 November 2019: LES MILLS Grit #27 Cardio (30 min) CXWORX #32 (30 min)
- DAY 14: Saturday 23 November 2019: BODY ATTACK #99 (55 min)
- DAY 15: Sunday 24 November 2019: CORE & YOGA #01 (46 min)
- DAY 16: Monday 25 November 2019: LES MILLS GRIT #23 Cardio (30 min)
- DAY 17: Tuesday 26 November 2019: BODYBALANCE #83 Strength
NB: the following classes can be found under the workout plan called ‘Get Ready For HIIT’
- DAY 18: Wednesday 27 November 2019: BODYCOMBAT #67 (30 min) BODYBALANCE #64 Flexibility (30 min)
- DAY 19: Thursday 28 November 2019: BODYATTACK #91 Short (20 min)
- DAY 20: Friday 29 November 2019: BODYBALANCE #74 (55 min)
- DAY 21: Saturday 30 November 2019: BODYCOMBAT Extreme Cardio #02 (53 min)
DM me on instagram to join @eatprayworkout!
I am so excited to get started today! Can’t wait to see you pop up in my DMs to join the challenge. I’ll share some of the workouts each day on my stories and you can tag me @eatprayworkout #EPW21days if you want to share some of yours too!
Want a new year challenge too?
If this goes well we can do another together in the new year, but I want to see your commitment prior to new years resolutions first! Do you really want the change? Show me NOW that you do!
Want some recipe ideas to fuel your body along the way?
Peruse all my healthy recipes here.
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- What are the Immune Boosting Ingredients a Naturopath always has on hand? - March 27, 2020
- At home video workouts – get your instructor led gym classes at home! - March 23, 2020
- What to Look for when Choosing an Eco-friendly Sanitary Product - March 11, 2020