This year I’ve felt a bit sad that I’ve not been able to show you my workouts because I’ve mostly been doing classes at the gym, rather than my own workouts. I didn’t want to be the creepy girl filming in class, haha! I do classes because a) I can show up and someone else tells me what to do (far less effort than planning my own workout) and b) there’s a creche for the kids at the gym.
BUT there’s good news my friends! I no longer have to keep these workouts from you because I can access them from home! I discovered Les Mills On Demand and I’m so bloody excited. They offer a 30 day free trial so I thought we could all make the most of it by doing a 21 day challenge together!
Why I am doing a 21 day challenge
To be honest I am exhausted after the changes that COVID-19 restrictions have brought. Working out helps me manage stress and therefore make better food choices because I don’t opt to indulge in food to ‘solve my issues’. I also want to feel strong and fit and just enjoy the endorphins and feelings of accomplishment I get after doing a workout – don’t you love that feeling?!
I know many of you can relate, so I thought we could encourage one another and build a fun community around this challenge to reach our goals together and celebrate our achievements.
If I miss a day, or can’t do all of the prescribed workouts, does it matter?
Of course not! This is about pushing yourself but not to a point of injury or where it causes you stress. We are doing this challenge to improve our physical and mental health. If you want to double workout the next day to catch up you can, or if you just want to give it a miss, that’s okay too. All I ask is that you do challenge yourself and do your best. In your heart of hearts, I want you to say, yes I gave it my all!
But I have kids, how can I make time?
I have this same issue, there is not often 30-60 min blocks without one of the kids needing something from me – but the best thing about Les Mills On Demand is you can simply pause your workout and come back to it once the kids are sorted – HOW GOOD IS THAT? As a Mum that is often called out of my class at the gym to feed or change one of the kids, I feel like this is game changing! being able to pause means I won’t have to miss any of the class!
How do I join the instagram chat for those doing the challenge?
Just send me a direct message @eatprayworkout and I will add you to the instagram chat group so we can spur one another on as we complete a new workout!
So, how does this Les Mills On Demand 21 day challenge work?
Here’s what you’ll need to do:
- Sign up here for the Les Mills on Demand 30 day free trial– this is where the workouts we will be following will come from. These are the same classes that gyms like Fitness First use and that I use daily. Note: The subscription is billed monthly after the trial but you can cancel for free at anytime.
- Once you’ve signed up for the free trial, you’ll be able to access the workouts. Below is the list of classes to do each day.
- Direct message me @eatprayworkout so that I can join you to the instagram chat group for those doing the challenge. This is where you check in to say you’ve done your workout that day (and on Grit days we can commiserate about how hard it is #nothingbeatsgrit).
- Each morning make sure you have the workout ready to play on your phone app, desktop, laptop or iPad. It’s a good idea to set this up next to your workout gear the night before.
The 21 Day Les Mills On Demand Workout Plan
I’ve popped in a variety of classes so that we can experience a range of training styles and the benefits that come along with that! I hope you enjoy it and it leaves you with a smile on your face everyday!
You can search the names to find the workouts individually.
- DAY 1: LES MILLS MINFULNESS – mindfulness of breathing (15 min) + Body Balance #83 Yoga
- DAY 2: BODYATTACK#103 (45 minutes)
- DAY 3: LES MILLS GRIT #25 HIIT blast (18 min) + CXWORX #33 WFW
- DAY 4: SH’BAM (45 min)
- DAY 5: BODYBALANCE #80 Flexibility (36 min)
- DAY 6: BODYATTACK #102 (45 MIN)
- DAY 7: BODYBALANCE #81 Flexibility (38 min)
- DAY 8: HYBRID WORKOUT Heart Health #01 (35 min)
- DAY 9: BODYCOMBAT #77 (45 min)
- DAY 10: BODYBALANCE #82 Flexibility (38 min)
- DAY 11: LES MILLS BARRE #02 (45 minutes)
- DAY 12: BODYATTACK #100 (55 mins)
- DAY 13: LES MILLS Grit #27 Cardio (30 min) CXWORX #32 (30 min)
- DAY 14: BODY ATTACK #99 (55 min)
- DAY 15: CORE & YOGA #01 (46 min)
- DAY 16: LES MILLS GRIT #23 Cardio (30 min)
- DAY 17: BODYBALANCE #83 Strength
NB: the following classes can be found under the workout plan called ‘Get Ready For HIIT’
- DAY 18: BODYCOMBAT #67 (30 min) BODYBALANCE #64 Flexibility (30 min)
- DAY 19: BODYATTACK #91 Short (20 min)
- DAY 20: BODYBALANCE #74 (55 min)
- DAY 21: BODYCOMBAT Extreme Cardio #02 (53 min)
DM me on instagram to join @eatprayworkout!
I am so excited to help you get started today! Can’t wait to see you pop up in my DMs to join the challenge. You can tag me @eatprayworkout if you want to share some of yours too!
Want some recipe ideas to fuel your body along the way?
Peruse all my healthy recipes here.
Latest posts by Amy Darcy (see all)
- Kale, Sweet Potato and Feta Muffins (kid friendly!) - June 29, 2020
- 6 Questions to ask your spouse every week to improve your relationship - June 21, 2020
- Berrylicious Coconut Cream Scone Biscuits (GF & DF options) - May 8, 2020